Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I found my thrill....


...in blueberry pie
Isn't it gorgeous? I haven't tried any yet as it was still boiling hot last night when I went to bed. The Boy was mad that he has to wait until tonight to have a piece. He also thought we needed vanilla ice cream to make it perfect and to emulate Violet Beauregard's gum chewing experience in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I don't care to turn purple and blow up to 10x my current size but I'm all for the pie and ice cream part of it.
I had more blueberries than pie pan so the extra filling is in the fridge, waiting to transform into mini tarts tonight. I was going to make them last night but I ran out of time and butter. The only butter I have on hand was still frozen- in 1 pound blocks, no less- so I postponed tart production until tonight.
The Husband is less than thrilled about my current culinary undertakings as he despises blueberries. I reminded him that he got chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting AND triple threat brownies (brownies w/chocolate chips and rich fudgy icing) AND strawberry shortcake from Grandma AND devil bars (a.k.a. 7 layer bars, magic layer bars, hello dollys and myriad other names) all in one weekend. He has no reason to grouse, though he did complain that he only got two cupcakes because I brought the rest to work so I wouldn't eat them. Poor baby. He is so neglected.

No comments: